Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meet the Staff - Q&A with Whitney Carter

Meet Whitney Carter, 24-year-old trick rider, model, merchandiser and more. Born and raised in Weatherford, TX, she has been trick riding since she was 10 years old and started working for The Maverick Western Wear six years ago. She has been featured on the cover of the January 2012 Issue of 360 West magazine, and in the article, "Texas Women", in their Personal Style section. One of our very own Maverick Models, you can see pictures of her modeling for our slideshows, invitations and advertisements. When you head in to The Stockyards, stop by The Maverick Western Wear and you may just see her on the sales floor, adjusting the displays or getting our merchandise ready for the next season's fashion trends.

Q: How long have you worked for The Maverick? What was was your job starting, how has it grown, and what is your job there now?

A: The Maverick was my first "real" job. I started in sales almost six years ago, and that is when I started falling in love with The Maverick fashion world! I have always been a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl, but The Maverick taught me how to express myself. Now I enjoy putting together my outfits with a great pair of boots with some silver and turquoise jewelry. I am now assisting the buyers and merchandising the store.

Q: Where do you find your fashion inspiration?

A: I'm a people watcher, and I'm always inspired by the way people can mix their own styles. As we go to market and shop for upcoming seasons, I tend to try to match my wardrobe with the latest fashion as well.

Q: Do you have any plans for the future with The Maverick?

A: I love my job, and I hope to be an asset to our growing store. I can't wait to watch how it grows and see what the future holds. My awesome world changes everyday, but most of my world revolves around The Maverick. I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have this job and to work with some amazing people.

Q: What is your life like outside of working at The Maverick?

A: Outside of work, some people would call me a cowgirl, others just say a busy girl. My main stay off the clock is in my barn, riding my horses or blessed to be able to trick ride at some great rodeos. I also have three busy dogs and one busy father.

Q: What are some of your interests outside of work?

A: I love to listen to all music, and I'm really in to suspense programs (like CSI and Law and Order Special Victims Unit), but finding me indoors is very rare. I love to be outdoors with my animals and spending time with my family.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!