Monday, January 7, 2013

Post-Part-Yum

Hello, Madcap, Maverick Lou is back! Since I promised that last week’s blog was to be continued, I submit to you, gentle reader, a quick wrap-up of the New Year’s Eve shopping frenzy and subsequent dinner party, chez Patricia and Pascal, my dear friends, who have a beautiful loft near the Bastille in Paris. 


La Bastille by Night

 

 

The dress ? Perfect.

Stockings ? (Prowling feline sound) Yes.

The shoes ? Flawless, while seated. After a couple of hours of dancing ? Ow-wow-ouch ! Hep! TAXI!

The hair, complexion and matte-red lips ? Impeccable.


Marlene Dietrich
Greta Garbo


The false-eyelashes ?  Let’s just say, I got them on, which was a triumph in itself. Unfortunately, I believe that the overall effect was perhaps a little more goth than glam. I was going for a Greta/Marlene combo, but, judging from the expression on my husband’s face, ended up more closely resembling Morticia Addams. But hey, Morticia's got style! Sort of?

Morticia Addams

Food ? Delicious !

Wine ? Divine !

Music ? In addition to being a fabulous cook, my friend Patricia Louisor, the quintissential Renaissance woman, is also a professional deejay, so the music was, as usual, excellent ! 

 

By the way, if you are looking for an extra special present for any occasion, be it for a birthday, a Valentine, a wedding, or even as a corporate gift, I urge you to take a look at Patricia’s latest endeavor, Le Chant du Coq, featuring a unique selection antique crystal, china and silverware, lovingly assembled with hand-dyed linens designed by Patricia Louisor and Catherine Delas. Made in France.

 

Patricia Louisor (left) - DeeJaying in NYC © Stephanie Badini

So all in all, my gleeful shopping spree of December 31st, 2012, was an exciting way to bring in the New Year, but it would have all been for nought, without love, friendship, delicious food and wine (and my wonderful husband, who I eventually forgave for liking me better with no make-up).

I wish you all a wonderful, joyous 2013 !

Next week, I’ll be back to talk more about the "locally-made" phenomenon, and all the exciting opportunities it presents for Maverick shoppers in particular, as the Maverick Fine Western Wear carries so many beautiful products, made in the U.S.A. !


- Lou Murrin-Honoré

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!